[Loch-Ruadh] Question for the Heralds (Past and Present)

Chris Harper bice.pietro at charter.net
Mon Aug 8 16:47:43 PDT 2005

At 03:11 PM 8/8/2005 -0500, you wrote:

>On a related note, I was told that (hypothetically) a white raven on a
>blue background would be in conflict and therefore unregisterable if
>there was already a gold double-headed eagle on a red background. The
>reasoning was that there weren't three points of difference. One point
>for background tincture, one point for charge tincture, but no points
>for charge since a bird is a bird is a bird. These devices would have
>only two points of difference. These devices look completely different
>no matter how artistically they are drawn, yet they would be in
>conflict in the SCA. Any input?

Kaz, when we were trying to register our Canton badge, they gave us the
same kind of run around.  We added the circle, or band, around the outside
which added another change and still did not make a substantial change to
what we wanted.  You might check and see if this would be acceptable  in
your case.  Just an idea. :)

Bicé