[Loch-Ruadh] GW Land trip

Alric and Fiona sidhe01 at swbell.net
Fri Dec 30 11:05:13 PST 2005

Greetings all

Time to start detailed planning for the trip to the land.

On the 26th I will be leaving with a trailer full of tents etc to get setup for the GW Land working party.  So far Rolf, Dad and Padraig have volunteered to go on the 26th. Which is the exact number my truck will carry comfortably. a 5th person may ride out that day but they should be short legged.

Any one who wants a tent set up please get the tent and whatever else they need setup to me by Wed the 25th.  Also anything they want to send in the way of tools, food, drink etc.

What I will be taking/providing for the trip:
For camping:
1 - 12 X 16 tent (sleeps 4)
2 - 10 X 10 Easy ups
1  - Table
1  - Big camp stove
1  - Tent heater
2  - 20LB bottles of gas
2  - lanterns (with a couple of small propane bottles)
1  - Large cooler of food, water and beer

For working on the land:
1  - Lawn Mower (self propelled - type) and fuel for same
1  - Weed Eater with extra line and fuel for same
1  - Leaf rake
1  - Garden rake
1  - Standard shovel
1  - Square nosed shovel
2  - Rotary hand seed/fertilizer spreaders
1  - Wheel barrow (1 yard capacity - suitable for mixing concrete)
4  - Bags of ant killer (the Over and Out once a season stuff)
1  - Medium Loppers
1  - Long Distance Lopper limb cutter
1  - Mattock/Pick
1  - Hand Hatchet

Please send me a list of stuff you want to go in my trailer and when you will be coming out to the land.

We still need to coordinate meals, etc.
Would anyone like to volunteer to coordinate the meals and travel for the follow on group(s)?

Alric