[Loch-Ruadh] Monitor question

Sluggy! sluggy9912 at swbell.net
Thu Dec 8 09:16:31 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 11:06 -0600, Elizabeth Hawkwood wrote:

> OK - I know it's cold outside, but it's warm in here...
> so, why is my monitor "shivering"? Not flikering, just
> shivering.
>
> Any ideas why? Any ideas how to make it be still?

You might be suffering a minor brownout. It's pretty common in a cold
snap because everyone in your neighborhood are running their space
heaters, water heaters, etc and staying home watching TV, doing laundry
etc, rather than going to work. :) Instead of 110v, maybe you're only
getting 100 or so. That would make very little, if any, difference in
lighting, but might be enough to affect slightly more delicate
electronics.

Just a though...

SlugBrain!