[Loch-Ruadh] can you help

erinn holloway mom3badboys at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 15:53:44 PST 2005

Was sent this by a friend.
Hi All--

Firstly, please excuse me if you have already seen
this message.  I
am trying to get it out to as many people as quickly
as possible, so
it has been posted to several groups.

And, my disclaimer--I am not associated with the
Salvation Army.  I
try to volunteer for a day each Angel Tree cycle, and
this is the
information I received at their warehouse this
morning.

The Tarrant County Salvation Army is in desperate need
of volunteers
to help them sort Angel Tree donations.  They had
large volunteer
groups scheduled over the last 2 days, so the weather
has really set
them back.  It is pretty easy work, neither mentally
or physically
strenous, but does require quite a few people to
organize the
thousands of gifts.

The sorting is done at their warehouse on Cherry Ln.
(behind
Luby's).  The are open 9-5 Monday through Friday, and
9-4 on
Saturday. You just show up and they will put you to
work--when you
need to leave, you just let them know. You are not
obligated to any
certain amount of time.

Kids are welcome, but must have an adult with them.
Jr. High and up
can have one adult per small group--younger kids must
stay with the
supervising adult.

Can you carve an hour out of your day to help?  If
not, can you pass
this message on to someone who can?

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
-- H. Jackson Brown