[Loch-Ruadh] GW LAnd Trip - take III

Alric and Fiona sidhe01 at swbell.net
Wed Dec 14 18:37:17 PST 2005

Ok My lords and ladies

It are official  Everyone has voted for the last weekend in Jan (the 28th)
as our working weekend to KAR.  The plan so far is to go over on Friday
(1-27) early, set up camp on our land  - work Sat and part of Sun. and come
back to Ft worth Sunday Afternoon.

Now for an alternate to the plan:
I should be able to take off on Thurs. the 26th.   If someone can get off to
travel on that Thurs. with me ands we get all the stuff over to my house and
loaded, I will pull my trailer loaded with everyones tents etc.  We can get
the camp set up and start the work on the land on Friday.  This way when
everyone else gets there Friday afternoon we will already have:
1. camp set up
2. supper waiting,
3. A cold one waiting
(items 2 and 3 are interchangeable as to time)

We had previously decided to do a communal kitchen and take as few tents as
possible.  My tent will hold 4 cots comfortably.  So 3 other people can
share my tent.  Whosoever wants to bunk in with me - speak up (fair
warning -I do tend to snore like a freight train).

Along with my tent I will be bringing 2 easy-ups, my stove, and 2 tables,  2
gas bottles, 1 cot and 1 heater - so you can see I'll have a lot of room
left over.  We will need to get the rest of the tenting arrangements decided
soon.  I will empty my trailer except for the stuff I have mentioned to haul
other peoples tents and camping gear so we can reduce the number of tents
and trailers needed.

Also I will be carrying in the bed of my truck.
1.  A wheel barrow
2.  A lawn mower (self propelled)
3.  A weed eater
4.  Various rakes, shovels, bowsaw, hammers, hatchets etc.

W will need a least one chain saw and whatever else anyone things we will
need.

I will leave it up to the Gate Guy (that sinister fellow Kaz) whether or not
we take one or more corner posts.  Remember we do not yet know the northern
boundry (toward Arkham) of our land.  I would recommend just one corner post
now and erect the second at war when we are pretty sure of our boundaries.

I would also propose a meeting of those who are going to iron out the final
details of the trip.  We can get together at my house or at someone elses.
If we get together here - I would propose the 7th of Jan (Sat) at around 3.
That way I can wamrt up hthe grills and we can do hot dogs/hamburgers for
the crew as we talk.

Kind of long winded message for me

Alric