[Loch-Ruadh] saw this thought i would let all know

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Thu Feb 3 09:26:51 PST 2005

I am not the Knight Marshal, but I am an inspection and authorizing
marshal, so I'll attempt to answer this.

1)  No.  A half-gauntlet and a basket hilt provide the required covering.
A full gauntlet would only be required when a weapon has no basket hilt to
cover the back of the hand/fingers.

2)  I would interpret this as yes for a half gauntlet, as a shield basket
does not generally cover the wrist.  Again, a full gauntlet would only be
required if a shield basket was not used to cover the handle of the
shield.

Other marshals?  Am I interpreting this correctly?

Nunc est bibendum.
Politicians prefer unarmed peasants.