[Loch-Ruadh] saw this thought i would let all know

Baron Rozell bear at ddsob.com
Fri Feb 4 11:59:10 PST 2005

Greetings!

I am the Knights Marshal :) and here are my answers:

1) This is exactly right. For the sword hand you need to use either a sword
basket and a half gauntlet OR a Full Gauntlet.

2) I believe the original excerpt was taken out of context. I think if the
full section was given we would see that this only refers to the sword hand.

 If you read the current Society's Marshallate handbook, Chapter 6, Section
5, paragraph d states that a shield with a shield basket or equivalent
(Note: A shield alone is NOT sufficient, since it covers only the back of
the hand but not the fingers or thumb.) is acceptable as protection for the
hand and wrist of the shield hand in conjunction with a basket and half
gauntlet or Full gauntlet on the sword hand.

Also, I'd like to remind all our fighters that after the *End of March* your
authorization will be expired and you will need to re-authorize before you
can fight in a tournament or melee.

-Conor / Bear