[Loch-Ruadh] saw this thought i would let all know

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Thu Feb 3 05:51:58 PST 2005

While I'm not the knight marshal, I am an inspecting and authorizing marshal, so I'll take a stab at answering this.

1.  No.  The combination of a half gauntlet plus a basket hilt provides the covering required.

2.  The way I read this, yes, a half gauntlet in combination with a shield basket will be required.  Full gauntlet needed only if the shield has no basket over the handle.

Padraig
  Mordikar wrote:

  This poses two questions from me for our knight marshal.

  1) by "Only the palm and grip surface of the fingers should be unarmored." does this mean the society is requirinf full guantles?

  2) does this mean we are now required to wear half / full gauntlets on shield arms as well?