[Loch-Ruadh] Populace Meeting Notes from Jan 5, 2005

Dana mama_mac at airmail.net
Thu Jan 6 18:18:35 PST 2005

Populace Meeting Notes:
Seneschal:
My computer died a horrible death. I might need officers to send me some back reports.

Many thanks to those that gifted the Shire season this year, (this is not a complete list by any means) Terrence, Polydore, Kaz, Michelle and Gwenllian.

Lughnasad: Prize collection has started. If you have a prize you would like to donate please get it to Aingeal. Coordinator list is being worked on and the web page is ready.

Calendar: January
8th - Steppes 12th Night
15th - Coronation
22nd - King's Round Table
22nd-  the annual "I Survived The Holidays Party" and Bardic. An adult party sponsored by House Mac will be held at Alric and Fiona's  7:30 PM. There will be a Chinese gift exchange. Please wrap and bring to exchange the most useless gift that you received over the holiday season. More details will be forth coming via the mailing list.

Gulf War Landocrat Alaric:
We have 47 people pre registered for Gulf War. We have the same land as last year. A work party will be going to Mississippi on Feb. 11th -13th to do some work on our land. Tegwared proposed that we need to set up a donation jar for the work party to help subsidize that trip. The first Gulf War meeting will be January 12th at Dana's.

Office of the Month: Hospitaler

Next months Officer of the month will be the Minister of Arts & Sciences

MoAS: - Calendar:
              Jan. 22nd - Garb Workshop 10 AM ish at Alric and Fiona's
              Jan. 22nd - 7:30 Bardic and "I Survived The Holidays Party" at Alric and Fiona's
              Feb. 5th - Armor, Gulf War and anything else that requires power tools Workshop at Polydore's noonish
               Feb 7th - Scribes and Illuminators 7 PM ish at Dana's
               Feb 26th - Bardic 7:30 PM at Dana's
Archery:
               Jan 16th - Practice at Dutch Branch Park 1:30 PM
Also talked about membership for Cowtown Bowman Archery Club Membership drive.

Knight Marshal:
                Jan 16th - Practice at  Dutch Branch Park 10:30 AM
Warrant expires this month. Conor (Bear) will be the acting KM until we hear from the Regional.

Rapier Marshal:
                 Jan 16th - Practice at  Dutch Branch Park 10:30 AM
Warrant expires this month. Aingeal will be the acting RM until we hear from the Regional.

Exchequer:
                 Fiona will continue as LR's Exchequer for the next 2 years.
Scarlet Letter subscriptions are available for $6 if you pick up your copy at populace meeting or $8.25 (Dana thinks) if you want your copy mailed to you.

Herald:
               Fiona's name passed Laurel.
The Ember won as the name of LR's non armidious service award. Ideas for the actual award insignia will be accepted until March Officer's meeting. Please give your suggestions to the Herald.

Hospitaler:
                No contacts made last month.

Chronicler:
                Thanks to all that contributed to this issue of the Scarlet Letter. Plea sent out for more persona stories, articles, pictures, poetry and recipes. Catrin won the competition of most submissions to the Scarlet Letter for the past year. (Very nice prize, thanks Padraig). The competition is offered again for the next year.

Meeting Closed.

PS Many thanks to Catrin for her great note taking job. Without them I could not post this message.

In service,

Dana