[Loch-Ruadh] poofy pants fabric

Elizabeth Hawkwood rbnew5 at netscape.com
Tue Jan 25 04:54:52 PST 2005

Measure your length, waist to floor.
Add about 2" (for fold over elastic at waist band).
Add 2 or 3 extra inches if you want the pants extra poofy (and comfortable).
Then, multiply by 2.
For 36" to 45" get that much. This amount of fabric will give you 70" to
88"
    gathered around the waist.
For 60" fabric, don't multiply by 2, just purchase the total length
(unless you
have a waist line that measures more than 60 inches).

If you wish to sew your pants up Sunday, then you would probably need to
bring a machine. And scissors. And an old well-fitted pair of pants to
use as
a template for the crotch and length.

//EH