[Loch-Ruadh] Going Away Party

pcrandal at sbcglobal.net pcrandal at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 17 21:19:50 PDT 2005

I do not yet know if I can make Morgan's party. I hope to be able to. Make sure that directions are posted, if you can.

Basic training, and the life that came with the military changed my attitudes in ways that affected me in more ways than I ever expected.

The four years, and the 2+ in Germany made me aware of my own values. And how they affected the world.

Basic training is designed to break you down and then build you back up in the mold that has been found best to help you survive in that organization. Fighting the system just makes it more difficult. The Drill Instructor will win. Allow that process and your time will be devoted to learning, exercise, and a little sleep.

Take every opportunity for USO tours, free education benefits, and activities that have been developed for military personnel far from home. Even if lucky enough to be stationed near home.

Crandall

er,

Sgt. Peter Crandall Polk, US Army, Signal Corp, Intelligence

"In all life one should comfort the afflicted, but verily, also, one should
afflict the comfortable, and especially when they are comfortably,
contentedly, even happily wrong."
-John Kenneth Galbraith