[Loch-Ruadh] LR Fighter Practice Reminder

Cat fem_cat at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 24 16:33:51 PDT 2005

When: Sunday the 26th at 10:30am

Where: Dutch Branch Park.

Directions to the park:
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=UeD4NOp_0TqvP7Sd.NKFjt9162P8QlfMD9sexLc5nIg5D1RI&csz=Benbrook%2C+TX&country=us

Take 377 S. from I-20 in Benbrook to Stevens Drive and
turn left into the Park (You will see the Big Park
sign at the turn) just after you turn into
the park there is another road that turns to the left,
it is just called Park Road but it is the first left
turn. Follow this road till you see the
SCA sign.

Shamelessly taken from Dohmnall's prior posts:

Just a suggestion...new fighters who have never
tried fighting before and wanna use the loaner gear
please try to bring:

1. required protection (ie: cup or female groin
protection)

2. Shoes must be closed-toe shoes (aka no sandals) and
should be able to get some kind of traction. Even in
armor, slipping and falling isn't a happy feeling.

3. Beyond a cup, we've got all the protective gear
you'll need in loaner armor. However, I would suggest
wearing a pair of sweats and a comfortable shirt that
you wouldn't mind getting dirty, sweaty, and torn. I
can guarantee the sweaty part, maybe the dirty part,
and probably not torn but sometimes it happens and
it's better to be prepared for it.

Bring water or sports drinks and a chair, and a desire
to have fun.

"Oops! My karma ran over your dogma!"