[Loch-Ruadh] OT: Seeking good home for sweet dogs and cat

Sluggy! slugzpam at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 15 07:09:41 PDT 2005

Greetings, All!

Please allow me to apologize for this off-topic post, but I hope that
someone here can help...

I have three beloved pets that I must place in good homes before the end
of May.

First are two dogs, Kaela and Mogee.

Kaela is a black Lab mix, about 9-10 years old. I've had her since she
was a little over 1 year old. She's very sweet and affectionate. She
loves everyone. The only sign of her age is a bit of white developing on
her muzzle. She's small for a lab, but she's not a particularly small
dog.

Mogee is a Chow mix, about 8-9 years old. I've had him since he was
about a year old. He's very playful and doesn't have any of the "chow"
attitude. He's bigger than a chow, but with a slighter build. I think
there may be a lot of German Shepherd in him. He is very smart.

Both were house trained, but they have lived outside for the last three
years. Knowing their personalities, I don't imagine they would have
forgotten.

It would be nice to keep them together, but I will not let that keep
either of them from going to a good home.

I also have Venus, a shorthair calico cat. She is about 18 years old,
but she looks and acts more like she's 3. She has been on high quality
commercial feeds for most of her life and it shows. She is declawed, so
she must have an indoor situation. Her biggest vice is that she's
finicky about her water supply and will generally prefer to drink out of
the toilet rather than a water bowl. I've considered getting one of
those recirculating pump waterbowls for her, but just never have.

I am moving (actually, I have been moving for what feels like forever)
but I cannot take any of these guys with me. I have spoken informally
with a couple of dog rescues, but they have advised that dogs of this
age are very hard to place. Seems everyone wants a puppy. Nobody has had
any advice about the cat.

I do not yet have an alternate plan in place if I cannot place them by
May 25th.

I have pictures of them all somewhere, but I will post links to current
photos in the next day or two.

If anyone would like more information or if you know of someone who
might be interested in any of these kiddos, please contact me, either
here on the list or at my cell phone number, 817-538-2286. I will
transport any reasonable distance, get any vaccinations, etc as
needed, maybe more.

Thanks for your time,

Sluggy!

mka Robert Singleton