[Loch-Ruadh] Interesting...

Patrick Bixler pbwidget68 at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 07:17:35 PDT 2005

It seems you can buy your 12" x 12" plot of land, but
as far as the title being official, it doesn't appear
so.  Nor can you do anything with your 1 square foot
of land.  The FAQs has all of those details in them.
You can use Laird because of the translation they give
on the website as being "land owner", but you can't
use it to become part of aristocracy in any way.

The good thing though is that the money seems to be
going to the conservation of GlenCairn, possibly.
Even though I don't like the part at the bottom of the
website where it says "ScottishTitles.com is owned and
operated by Red Oak Marketing, Inc."

But doing a google search for Red Oak Marketing, Inc.
turned up this result.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=%22red+oak+marketing%2C+inc%22

On that google page, about the second item down you
see (aka Lunar Land for Sale).  Doing a search on that
turned up this fine page.

http://fdc.mortgage101.com/_ScriptLibrary/lib/private_label/newsletter/archive.html?nid=145&p=310061&acctid=310061

Read the next to last entry.

So this company has been involved with selling Lunar
property through a wording loophole.  Now we now that
no one actually owns the moon, so who are you buying
land from?  As it appears that Red Oak Marketing used
to be tied to the Lunar Land business, I would venture
to say that they found some wording loophole to sell
tiny plots of land in Scotland as well.

The part I really didn't like in the FAQ was the
mention on how your 1 sqft plot of land is not
registered.  If you are not registered as a land
owner, then are you?

Venture forth at your own risk, young Laird.

Eirikr