[Loch-Ruadh] Fw: Norse Info Links

Steve K. Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Sun Nov 20 12:08:34 PST 2005

Forwarded from another list since we have so many people interested in the Norse culture.

Domhnall

This site is all about Norse life, with links to clothing
http://www.hurstwic.org/history/text/history.htm

This is an SCA household, with a good website;
http://www.geocities.com/ravensteadhousehold/rsas.htm

I love this site for the song that plays when you open the site;
http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~rhayes/vikingb/vikingsh.htm

A commercial site selling nice stuff, out of my price range, but it's nice to dream;
http://www.norseamerica.com/about/about.html

Everything viking here, a good list of links, I haven't even gone through them all yet, too many;
http://www.dilettante.info/vikinglinks.htm

York in Norse times
http://www.yorkarchaeology.co.uk/piclib/photos.php

A great cover-all article, with a little bit of everything, light on clothing though
http://www.jomsb.org/Sunnifa/Accessories/Norsewidgets.pdf

More on archaeology in York - can you tell it's my area of interest?
http://www.yorkarchaeology.co.uk/waterstones/intro.htm

Spiff reproduction armour;
http://creationtime.com/bvik.html

Rus coats;
http://users.bigpond.net.au/quarfwa/miklagard/Costume/Rus/Trader/kaftan_text.htm

Pics of reproduction clothing;
http://www.danetre-vikings.org.uk/kit.htm

Another style of norse coat;
http://willadsenfamily.org/sca/isabel_as/jacket-and-hat/viking-jacket.htm

The viking answer lady;
http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/

Thora Sharptooth, another viking expert, both these pages have heaps of info onthem;
http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~capriest/vikresource.html