[Loch-Ruadh] The Importance of Mathematics

erinn holloway mom3badboys at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 15:16:22 PST 2005

I thought that it was basic knowledge that to get a's
in school you just need to be good at asskissing and
bullshit. I always thought it was a gas when my
literature teacher in college thought I was so
insightful in my essays about the books we read. The
funny thing is... (when I was a Freshman in college, I
was a master at alcohol 101) I didn't read anything at
the time... I was too busy partying. :) Hee Hee

--- Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin
<padraig_ruad at irishbard.org> wrote:

> This equation should be taught in all math classes!
>
> >From a strictly mathematical viewpoint it goes like
> this:
>
> What Makes 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than
> 100%? Ever wonder
> about those people who say they are giving more than
> 100%? We have all
> been to those meetings where someone wants you to
> give over 100%. How
> about achieving 103%? What makes up 100% in life?
>
> Here's a little mathematical formula that might help
> you answer these
> questions:
>
> If:
> A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
> is represented as:
> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
> 21 22 23 24 25 26.
>
> Then:
>
> H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
> 8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%
>

> and
> K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
> 11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%
>
> But,
>
> A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
> 1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%
>
> And,
>
> B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
> 2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%
>
> AND, look how far ass kissing will take you.
>
> A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G
> 1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%
>
> So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty
> that While Hard work and
> Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get
> you there, it's the
> BULLSHIT and Ass kissing that will put you over the
> top.
>

> Hope this little math exercise brightens your day as
> much as it did mine.
>
> Padraig
> --
> Nunc est bibendum.

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
-- H. Jackson Brown