[Loch-Ruadh] Workshops on Sunday

Rhonda New rhonda.new at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 28 08:45:05 PDT 2005

I will commit to bringing patterns, knowledge, a serger (& some thread).
I'm also bringing the tools and the bench grinder I borrowed from my son --
the grinder not only has a grinding stone, but an industrial polishing wheel
that does the most wonderful job of taking the sharp edge off the cut metal.

As for the kids... a project for them to work on would be a really good
idea.
With busy kids, the adults will be better able to concentrate on learning
new skills. (When working on my armor at my dad's house last sunday,
I let my grandkids polish the metal. It kept them busy for quite a while.)
Some suggested projects: embroidery, inkle weaving, fabric (small banner)
painting. Anyone else have ideas?

//Elizabeth