[Loch-Ruadh] Forwarding mail from Cormac

Caerell caerell at charter.net
Wed Oct 12 21:04:47 PDT 2005

Hey Everyone,

Long time since I have talked to a lot of you.  I have been somewhat busy writing letters and such and sometimes doing some actual work.  It is going good out here except for the fact that I absolutely hate sand, and this not ordinary sand.  This sand gets in every little crack that you can imagine, *shudder*.  Well I cannot complain as I am living it up pretty well out here.  My shop consists of an old bunker that used to house MIG's in it.  I will be posting some pictures of my shop and more pictures sometime this week.  I will send the link out to my dad and he will let ya'll know.  I get to use the computer, surf the internet, sleep in an air conditioned tent, do my business in flush toilets, take hot or cold showers, eat edible chow that is not MRE's, and drink the life giving drink of Dr. Pepper or Pepsi if they are out on occasion.  The PX is small but well stocked.  They have a small library but it is so cluttered and random that it is a pain to find anything I like.  I am lacking in intellectual challenges as what we do mostly is online classes and wait for computers to break, so if you want to send me anything books are about the only thing that I could want.  Hmmm that and trail mix and jerky.  I like Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Classic novels. So anything pretty much over three hundred pages with no pictures I will read.  Guess you would need authors to choose from.

Short List:

Tolkien, JRR

Pohl, Frederick

Herbert, Frank

Heinlein, Robert

Asimov, Isaac

Dostoevsky *

Harrison, Harry

Donaldson, Stephen

Book List:

Stranger in a Strange Land

Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever: First, Second, and Last Chronicles

Crime and Punishment

Wheel of Time

Dune Series

Those dragon books that my mom reads

Well that is about all I can think of right now.  Ya'll know what I like so whatever is good by me.  If you come up with anything good my parents will be using my money to send me a package with the stuff I asked from them.  Well that takes care of pretty much everything that I want.  Thank you all for all the solicitations for things.  How is the SCA and our fair Shire doing?  I have been away for a while and would love to attend an event when I come back from this desolate place.  If you know of any events around the March-April time frame I would love to come.  Also I would like the lyrics to some bardic pieces, which would make my day.  Well fare well everyone.

Vivat! Dreaming of the Dream,

Cormac MacDomnaill or Ulfgierr

Semper Fi,

Lance Corporal Myers, Curtis E.