[Loch-Ruadh] Disaster Relief from Loch Ruadh

CL Nurmi cnurmi at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 3 21:28:47 PDT 2005

I just want all to know that The Texas Order of the Eastern Star is collecting money,
The V.F.W. Post 5617 has Been designated as an official drop off place for the Red Cross
in White Settlement,I will be there from 2 pm till 10 pm to help.They have been there all weekend.
There are people listening and doing something.
Connie L.Nurmi (Constance)

erinn holloway <mom3badboys at yahoo.com> wrote:
One comment. I've been at a shelter all day. I didn't
see Red Cross, The Salvation Army, FIMA, or anybody
that was asking for money. Instead, all of the
supplies came from concerned citizens, Dominoes Pizza,
Chik-filet, and Chiles.
SOOOOO, pooh on those big organizations that claim to
be helping.

--- PBW
wrote:

> This is an awesome idea. But also please remember
> that the Dallas/Fort Worth area is becoming a
> temporary home to THOUSANDS of evacuatees from
> Louisiana. On the news we hear about Houston and the
> Astrodome but DFW is taking up *alot* of the slack.
> I know that our local Red Cross, Second Harvest and
> other resources need our help as well. Our local
> hospitals are absorbing people evacuated from New
> Orleans hospitals. Last I knew Reunion Arena was a
> shelter with the convention center in Dallas also
> absorbing many people, and when I was at work we
> were told that possibly Ft Worth convention center
> as well as Will Rogers might become centers sometime
> this weekend. I don't know if that has happened yet
> or not. But I do know that Fort Worth and Arlington
> Hospitals have received many patients some with
> families who have no place to go.
> I know I am rambling and I am sorry for that... but
> working in emergency medicine I have just had a
> "reality check" of my own in dealing with some of
> the LA hospital evacuatees and seeing what they have
> gone through and are still going through. I know
> that both the Dallas and Tarrant County Red Cross
> chapters are in *dire* need of volunteers and in
> need of the same items that the effected states
> are... non perishable food stuffs, water, blankets,
> shoes, in the package socks and underwear.
>
> Magdalea/Pook

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you." -Rita Mae Brown