[Loch-Ruadh] Newest registered stuff

Steve K. Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Wed Sep 14 13:20:08 PDT 2005

I am pleased to announce that the following device change and names have
been registered by Laurel.

Domhnall
Dana Mac an Ghabhann. Device change. Gules, a dragon argent, a gore Or.
The submitter's previous device, Gules, a dragon rampant contourny argent, a
gore Or, is released.

Gerard Seymour. Name.

Gryffydd Mawr ap Rodri. Name.
Originally submitted as Gryffydd Mawr ap Rodri, the name was changed to
Gryffydd Vawr ap Rodri in kingdom because it was through that the first
consonent in the byname needed to be softened. However, Heather Rose Jones,
"Constructing 13th Century Welsh Names", says "Men will usually, but not
always, use the mutated form of the word." Since the byname is registerable
both softened and not softened, we have changed the spelling back to the
originally submitted form.