[Loch-Ruadh] re: Elfsea Defender canceled this weekend

erinn holloway mom3badboys at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 13:05:34 PDT 2005

Since there will be no Defender this weekend is
anybody interested in still having  BArdic? I look
forward to it so much. If need be and people are
interested and if our Bard is available... I'm willing
to hold it at my house.
Emma

--- Ms Pict <dftfeast at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You will see this on [Ansteorra-announce] Elfsea
> Defender CANCELLATION. In
> case you have not seen it yet here it is.
>
> Rixende de Rouen <rixende at gmail.com  wrote:
>
> Greetings unto the Noble Kingdom of Ansteorra from
> Honorable Lady Rixende de
> Rouen, Seneschal of the Barony of Elfsea.
> It is with heavy heart, but growing concern for the
> health and welfare of
> the populace of our fair lands, and those who
> intended on visiting us this
> weekend, that Elfsea Defender is cancelled. We will
> look at rescheduling
> this event in the future.
> After reviewing the National Weather Service
> predictions for Hurricane
> Rita, it appears that there will still be the
> potential for Category 1 level
> winds to hit the site in Canton. Their Excellencies,
> the autocrats, and I
> have determine that we do not want to risk the
> chance of flooding and wind
> damage to those who would camp at the site.
> We have also learned that the site will be in use as
> a Hurricane evacuee
> location, and as such we feel that those efforts are
> far more important than
> continuing with our event as planned.
> Should you have any questions or concerns, please
> feel free to contact
> myself or Their Excellencies at our contact numbers
> in the Black Star.
> In Service,
> Rixende de Rouen
>
> --
> Honorable Lady Rixende de Rouen, CIM, CSM
> Seneschal, Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra
> Quidam audit valde, facit valde

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." Winston Churchill