[Loch-Ruadh] Estrella War in Feb

Adam Harrison concrete_donkey at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 23:04:59 PDT 2005

I may be going to Estrella this year.  Whether I do or
not mostly depends on what classes I will have to miss
to go, and that won't be decided for another couple of
months-- basically until I sign up for next semester's
classes.

Chances are that I will be going, especially
considering that last year people paid for me to go
just so I could hang with them.  I'd not want to
disappoint them by bailing this time.

If I go I'll be camping with my old household in the
Outlands.  For the past few years we've been doing
joint camps with a group in Atenveldt, and space has
been limited.  That being said, I may be able to get
you guys in our camp if I ask early enough.  If you've
already got a place to stay, that's great, come by and
have a beer or dozen.  :-)

At this point I can't begin to imagine my travel
arrangements.  Last year I drove to NM and then
carpooled from there.  The year before, I flew to
Phoenix.  This year, who knows?  If my schedule isn't
too flexible, I will probably have to fly out Thursday
and fly back Sunday.

Once I get next semester's schedule hammered out I'll
have a much better idea of how this will go down.
I'll try to remember to let you know more when I know
more.  If for some reason I haven't mentioned anything
by the end of November, remind me (if you remember).
:-)

Aside from me, there is usually a small contingent of
people from Ansteorra who go as well (part of the
treaty with Calontir thing).

It's a fun war.  Good parties, good classes, usually
good merchanting.  Expect brutal fighting, the air is
so thick with adrenaline that you can almost taste it.
   For at least one of the battles on the field in the
middle of the site, climb the mountain beforehand so
you can get a birds eye view of the battle, it's quite
spectacular.

-Bjorn