[Loch-Ruadh] Gabby

Terry Sikes tdsikes at prodigy.net
Sun Apr 2 09:51:01 PDT 2006

Yes, tell her we are all thinking about her and get well soon.

  Terrence

Kathy <dkv250 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    Sorry to hear that she had to be hospitalized, hope the surgery is successful.

  catrin

Sluggy! <sluggy9912 at swbell.net> wrote:
  Hello, Folx!

Some of you may be aware of of the back surgery Gabby
had in 2001. What you may not know is that even then,
she had damaged discs in her neck, as well. After
tolerating a fairly sudden onset of pain in her
shoulder and arm, she saw the doctor and they have
determined that those discs have progressed to where
something should be done about them. So, when she
called me at 4:00 yesterday afternoon to tell me what
we expected to hear, she did have a bit of a surprise.
They wanted her to be admitted into the hospitial
immediately. Dr. Le wanted to help her get a handle on
the pain through the weekend and hopefully schedule
surgery early next week.

So, I finished (mostly) at work, we met at the barn
for some required equine maintenance (on a new horse,
but that's another story), then home for bag-packing.
She was in her room by 8:00PM.

She's in room 734 at Plaza Medical Center. The number
is 817-347-4700. Anyone is welcome to call. :)

The nature of her pain is that it's a constant deep
ache from shoulder blade, down the arm and into the
wrist and fingers with occasional flares of pretty
severe pain, especially after being up and about.
Having spent about the last week pretty much without
sleep, even though the morphine doesn't completely
aleviate that pain, it has taken enough edge off to
allow her to sleep.

I will keep everyone posted here.

Sluggy!

---

tibi habere mamma. Ego malle mamma ab femina.