[Loch-Ruadh] Gas prices-idea

pcrandal at sbcglobal.net pcrandal at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 12 20:25:48 PDT 2006

It would not suprise me if your rude responce would have you removed from this list.
  However that is not under my control. Possibly you will be given another chance.

  Crandall

Coeurnoire at aol.com wrote:
      This is ALMOST as stupid as the "don't buy gas for a day" idea.  Does anyone REALLY think this will hurt EXXONMOBIL (yep, that's right, they're one company and have been ever since they merged over 5 years ago!!).  The answer here is that you will hurt the individual retailers who own ExxonMobil stations/convience stores since XOM (ExxonMobil's stock symbol) will sell their surplus to the companies that suddenly have a shortage (gee wonder why that is).  The overall effect will be to put the mom's and pop's stores outta the business, thereby giving us fewer choices on where to buy gas and giving those still in business more pricing power.

  If you really want to change things then you need to change the fuel your vehicle runs on.... i.e.- bio-diesel, hybrids, etc.  But this idea is just stupid garbage put out by stupid people for stupid people.

"In all life one should comfort the afflicted, but verily, also, one should
afflict the comfortable, and especially when they are comfortably,
contentedly, even happily wrong."
-John Kenneth Galbraith