[Loch-Ruadh] OT: Nephew's health

Kathy dkv250 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 20 15:17:32 PDT 2006

Just wanted to share the good news with those of our friends who have supported me through my nephew Jef's cancer treatment. An e-mail was better than making 60 phone calls!
  Jef has completed his chemo and radiation therapies, gained back over half of the weight he lost in the past year, an upper body scan verified that his cancer has not metastasized or spread, his PET scan showed a reduction of 40% in the size of the tumor on his hip, and that the reconstructive surgery after removal probably will not include any artificial saddles, rods, or pins as was first projected. The reconstructive procedures will be mild compared to the initial diagnosis, requiring only grafting of bone to re-build a portion of the hip.
  His surgery will be either 05/16 or 05/30 dependent on when both surgeons can coordinate their schedules.
  I want to thank you one and all for your monetary contributions (raffle), support, sympathy, and inquiries over the past year. Your interest has been an invaluable emotional support.

  Catrin