[Loch-Ruadh] Today in History April 22

Steve K. Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Sun Apr 23 20:45:39 PDT 2006

Born:
1451 Isabella I of Castile, Queen of Spain, patron of Columbus

Deaths:

Other Events:
296 St Gaius ends his reign as Catholic Pope
536 St Agapitus I ends his reign as Catholic Pope
687 -BC- Chinese record a meteor shower in Lyra
1145 19th recorded perihelion passage of Halley's Comet
1500 Pedro Alvarez Cabral discovers Brazil
1509 Henry VIII ascended to throne of England
1529 Spain & Portugal divide eastern hemisphere in Treaty of Saragosa