[Loch-Ruadh] Today in History April 25 (part 2.5 )

PBW PBW_RN at ev1.net
Mon Apr 24 21:45:45 PDT 2006

Sorry for the possible double posting...  you can thank Hershey (the dog
with 2 brain cells) for "helping" me send my original post before I was
finished (read below if you havent read it already)

Ahem..

That being said (read below) if the Diet of Worms was from Jan 28th to May
25th 1521 then I had to ask myself what happened in 1530. soooo....
The Augsburg Confession is the founding manifesto of Protestantism. It came
to be issued in 1530 <snipage of web page> In 1521 Luther was called by
Charles V, Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, to appear before the Imperial
Diet at Worms to defend his position <more snipage of web page> It was
presented in both German and Latin (with minor differences between the two
versions) to the Emperor on June 25, 1530. Charles V gave these leaders
until 1531 to repudiate it.
the entire article of this can be found at
http://www.nationalcenter.org/AugsburgConfession.html

Just found that interesting. I now return you to your regularly scheduled
list :)

Magdalia/Pook