[Loch-Ruadh] Meteor shower at Lughnasad!

Terry Sikes tdsikes at prodigy.net
Thu Aug 10 07:37:30 PDT 2006

More details, this is one of the really, really active meteor showers they have each year, approximate peak rate is 75 per hour.  Due to the almost full moon the viewing won't be quite as good.  I've watched this one before and counted 10 to 15 in a fifteen minute period.  They don't come regular, you may spend several minutes and not see one, then you might see 2 or 3 close together.  Viewing is best, of course, farthest away from light sources.

  Terrence

Terry Sikes <tdsikes at prodigy.net> wrote:
  According to my Old Farmer's Almanac, the peak of the Perseid meteor shower is Aug. 11-13. Maybe I'll see some through my planned alcoholic haze.

Terrence