[Loch-Ruadh] Big Black Book

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Fri Aug 18 14:57:24 PDT 2006

Catholic schools use the KJV?  I thought that was only us ornery
Protestants.  :)

But the KJV and of course the works of Shakespeare are great examples of
"speaking forsoothly".  Unless you want to go to Chaucer, in which case
very few people will understand what you're saying, Middle English being
pronounced somewhat differently, not to mention the spelling.  Come to
think of it, that's a problem I seem to encounter in modern English.  Hmm.

Nunc est bibendum.
******************
******************
Politicians prefer unarmed peasants.

Achrann wrote:
> It's been a while since Catholic School, but that book and I have pretty
much said all we have to say to each other.  And if it even has the
audacity to smolder just the tiniest bit when I pick it up....

>   :)
>   Achrann
>   Protectorate of FalconRose Keep
>   (and Sr. Julie Vincent's worst nightmare)
>

> Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin <padraig_ruad at irishbard.org> wrote:
>   And as an added resource that has a LOT of examples of speaking
> forsoothly, you can't beat the King James Version of the Bible.
>
> Padraig
> --
> Nunc est bibendum.
> Politicians prefer unarmed peasants.
>
> Catrin wrote:
>> We can do that for you, are you sure there's nothing else???
>>

>> Achrann wrote:
>> If there was just one page I could have a copy of, it would be "How to
speak Forsoothly". Do you have a way to scan it?