[Loch-Ruadh] Speaking Forsoothly - Daily Lesson 1

Achrann normaljeanne at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 22 14:16:40 PDT 2006

And would we respond:
      Nay, you fool!
      I be no Lady, and 'tis not my foot!

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin <padraig_ruad at irishbard.org> wrote:
  To aid those of you who would learn to speak forsoothly, but are not
gifted with the golden tongue, chunk of Blarney Stone and massive reserves
of BS possessed by your humble Irish bard, I have decided to publish a
daily email lesson. I hope that this will prove helpful.

Daily Lesson 1

Instead of saying "yes" and "no", use "aye" and "nay".
"Aye, most assuredly."
"Nay, I will not."

Shakespearian Word/Phrase of the Day:
cry you mercy (beg your pardon)
"I cry you mercy, milady, I did not mean to tread upon thy foot."

Nunc est bibendum.