[Loch-Ruadh] Dana's Lughnasad Advice

Jeanne McKenney normaljeanne at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 9 18:04:49 PDT 2006

Oh my!
  I'm skeered now. :) (I didnt realize the people planning the event could get that stressed out - but I should have. And it's very cool that you've got someone designated for venting!)

  I wish I'd had your advice this morning instead of opening my mouth at the library about a patron who insisted that she be allowed to go ahead of all the people on the list to get online, simply because she was too stupid (yes, I actually said that) to know that the catalogue computers wouldn't let her on the web & she sat there, frustrated for 20 minutes, trying to make it let her online. Oops- afraid I wasn't very sensitive to her needs. Being chastised/warned ahead of time would have been very helpful in keeping my big mouth shut. (Although, I still haven't figured out how to keep my face from turning purple with rage. Maybe when I hit 60.)

  It's nice to know you guys have your sh** so together.
  Loch Rudah does rock!
  Achrann

Dana <sca004 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  Start drinking extra water now!!!
Drink lots of water at the event, don't wait until you are thirsty because
by then you are already dehydrated.
Coffee and alcohol are not good hydration drinks

Be kind to your feet, get a pedicure
NO new shoes for this event

Wear sunscreen on exposed body parts

Feast is very informal, bring throw away feast gear
An extra table if you have one and don't forget your chair
Remember Loch Ruadh people should eat last!!

Take breaks if possible
If you are getting over stressed go back to camp and vent
Please do not yell, scream or act ugly in any of the activity areas because
your actions do reflect on the group as a whole. If needed, find me, I've
been yelled at in the past and will be yelled at in the future and I don't
mind, if that is what you need to do. Trust me, taking your frustrations out
on someone WILL make you feel better.
Take a deep breath and exhale slowly...this only happens once a year and
next week someone will throw a party!!