[Loch-Ruadh] [Fwd: [Elfsea] Central Regional Scribe Position]

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Tue Dec 5 09:05:03 PST 2006

Central Regional Scribe Position

My tenure as Central Regional Scribe is ending and a replacement is
needed. This is a fun, low-stress office with minimal reporting
requirements.

Requirements:
1. Paid membership is required for this office.
2. Quarterly reports to Star Signet are required as well.
3. In the past many blank charters were given out to be painted but never
returned either painted or blank. So, due to the cost of printing blank
charters, records will need to be kept of those given out as well as those
returned. We regret that this has become a necessity.
4. As Central Regional Scribe, you will need to print and distribute blank
charters as needed to local groups and individuals as well as collecting
the completed ones, turning them in to either Sable Scroll or Star Signet
for the Crown’s use.
5. If there is not a charter painting table at an event and one is
desired, it will be your responsibility to set one up and run it if there
is either no local scribal guild or the local scribal guild is unable to
do so. (This is a most enjoyable part of the office, in my opinion.)

Other Information:
Files have been set up to facilitate your record keeping requirements with
forms and so on to make your reporting much easier.
You will have a blast as I have in talking to individuals and groups about
how much fun it is to paint these charters. There are teaching tools
available to you in the scribal box as well as the information in the
College of Scribes web site (http://scribe.ansteorra.org/).
Encouraging someone to start painting and see them develop their skills is
one of the most rewarding parts of this job. It has been my privilege to
see individuals learn the skills and do the research to come up with truly
beautiful work.
Fostering and mentoring beginning guilds is also a very rewarding part of
this job. Star Signet is always pleased to help with any questions you may
have in this area.

If you would like to apply for this position, the form for doing so is
located at http://seneschal.ansteorra.org/forms/Application.pdf
Any additional information you would like to provide regarding your
interest in the position that is not covered by the application would be
greatly appreciated.

The deadline for applications is December 20, 2006 and the new scribe will
be warranted at Red Tape in January 2007.

Please send your applications to the current Central Regional Scribe, Lady
Fionnghuala the Fair (aka Nuala) at: lizdenpeters @ juno.com (remove
spaces) and Star Signet, Mistress Hillary Greenslade at: hillaryrg @
 yahoo.com (remove spaces).