[Loch-Ruadh] Officer's Meeting and Gulf War Planning Meeting

Dana sca004 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 15 18:56:08 PST 2006

Alex may be having the surgery but I think it is harder on Mom, Dad and
Grandpa. My thoughts are with all of you. Hope Alex is home soon.

Dana

Laird Sean wrote:

I would have liked to have come and visited with you all tonight but
something told me not to make any plans.  It's a good thing I didn't.  My
daughter Robyn which many of you know as Ceara called me late this afternoon
saying that she and Luke had taken my grandson Alex to the hospital
emergency room with what appeared to be pyloric stenosis.  This has since
been confirmed by the doctor.  If his blood sugar level and electrolytes are
ok, they plan on doing the surgery tonight.  If not, they will stabalize him
and do it in the morning.  This is a simple procedure (my youngest son Matt
which many of you know as Erik had this when he was an infant) and he should
be fine.  It's just a little upsetting time for all in my family.
Please keep Robyn and Luke and of course Alex in your thoughts and prayers.
Of course Alex isn't happy about all of this cuz he can't eat until after
the surgery.  Let's just say he's not a happy camper.  I just got back from
the hospital after running food over to Robyn and Luke and things seem to be
going along well.  They were preping Alex when I left.
BTW, for those of you that don't know what pyloric stenosis is, it's a
condition where the pyloric muscle which is at the exit of the stomach
closes shut and doesn't allow food to pass out of the stomach into the
digestive tract.  Anything that goes into the stomach comes right back up
shortly.  It's not immediately life threatening but obviously could be in a
short period of time since he is not getting any nutrition.  He'll be fine.

Hope to see you all soon.

Laird Sean