[Loch-Ruadh] Ship Hold

Elizabeth Hawkwood rhonda.new at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 2 19:39:20 PST 2006

See my comments, below.

//Elizabeth
PS - does this mean we MUST know the difference
between monkey paws, monkey fists, & monkey balls?
   <~snipped~>
  Subject: [Loch-Ruadh] Ship Hold

  Greetings all

  Currently recruiting crew of the Sea Drake (my ship) to look into the
possibility of creating a ship-hold (house hold with a nautical theme and
organized along the lines of a ships crew).

  This in light of the fact that Ansteorra now has a Navy.  I have been
named by Lord Admiral Haddock (yep that's really his name)  as Lord
Commodore of the Southern Squadron of the Ansteorran Naval Fleet.  This is a
real Navy in that we do not sail with Letters Of Marque and Reprisal Each
ship is commissioned into the Ansteorran Navy.   All of this means I need a
crew.  Namely \

  Officers
  1st Officer  - Fiona  - a little nepotism goes a long way, eh, Mon
Capitan?
  2nd Officer
  3rd Officer
  Surgeon

  Midshipman (younger people learning to be officers) Robbie wanna be the
first MIddie?

  Warrant officers  - issuing, serving, or dodging?
  Bosun - in charge of all things concerning seaman ship, rigging and
general upkeep of the ship
  Gunner  - In charge of the Cannon
  Carpenter - in charge of making and repairing all things wooden aboard
ship
  Sail Maker - in charge of making and repairing the sails  - perhaps...
  Cook - I CAN DO THIS!!!

  Enlisted -  Nope, I ain't enlisting!

  Petty officers  - yes, I CAN be petty sometimes, but...
  Bosun's Mate  - Oh, no... I don't wanna be ANYbody's mate
  Gunners Mate  -  ""
  Sail Makers Mate  -  ""
  Carpenters Mate  - ""
  Surgeons Mate  -  ""
  Cooks Mate  -  ""

  Seamen  ... where? where are the men you sea?
  seaman    A recruit learning how to be a seaman
  ordinary seamen -  Knows most of the lines and how to reef and  handle
sail
  Able seamen - Able to Hand, reef and steer a fully trained and rated
seaman - able to do any job aboard ship except the specialized ones

  any one interested?

  Alric