[Loch-Ruadh] Ship Hold

erinn holloway mom3badboys at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 14:24:33 PST 2006

I've got three cabin boys you could have. :) And if
they're bad you could always make them do  the
careening or if they are terrible keelhauling could be
an option. :)
Emma

--- Polydore <polydore at ntbb.net> wrote:

> I think this could be fun!
> I'm torn between Gunner and Carpenter...
> Thought I know enough to know that carpenter was a
> dangerous job -
> running around the hull trying to patch holes the
> enemy was shooting in
> the ship - during the battle.
> Surgeon could be interesting, too. Hmmmm.
> Polydore!
>

> Alric and Fiona wrote:
>
> > Greetings all
> >
> > Currently recruiting crew of the Sea Drake (my
> ship) to look into the
> > possibility of creating a ship-hold (house hold
> with a nautical theme
> > and organized along the lines of a ships crew).
> >
> > This in light of the fact that Ansteorra now has a
> Navy.  I have been
> > named by Lord Admiral Haddock (yep that's really
> his name)  as Lord
> > Commodore of the Southern Squadron of the
> Ansteorran Naval Fleet.
> > This is a real Navy in that we do not sail with
> Letters Of Marque and
> > Reprisal Each ship is commissioned into the
> Ansteorran Navy.   All of
> > this means I need a crew.  Namely \
> >
> > Officers
> > 1st Officer  - Fiona
> > 2nd Officer
> > 3rd Officer
> > Surgeon
> >
> > Midshipman (younger people learning to be
> officers) Robbie wanna be
> > the first MIddie?
> >
> > Warrant officers
> > Bosun - in charge of all things concerning seaman
> ship, rigging and
> > general upkeep of the ship
> > Gunner  - In charge of the Cannon
> > Carpenter - in charge of making and repairing all
> things wooden aboard
> > ship
> > Sail Maker - in charge of making and repairing the
> sails
> > cook
> >
> > Enlisted -
> >
> > Petty officers
> > Bosun's Mate
> > Gunners Mate
> > Sail Makers Mate
> > Carpenters Mate
> > Surgeons Mate
> > Cooks Mate
> >
> > Seamen
> > seaman    A recruit learning how to be a seaman
> > ordinary seamen -  Knows most of the lines and how
> to reef and  handle
> > sail
> > Able seamen - Able to Hand, reef and steer a fully
> trained and rated
> > seaman - able to do any job aboard ship except the
> specialized ones
> >

> > any one interested?
> >
> > Alric

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
-- H. Jackson Brown