[Loch-Ruadh] Reminder - Duct Tape Double Class

Cat fem_cat at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 14:33:30 PST 2006

What: Duct tape Double Class

When: Saturday, Jan. 7th at 10am (This will be a time
consuming class so please arrive on time.)

Where: Lady Aingeal and Lord Caerell's house.

Link to Lady Aingeal's House:

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=2604+Creekwood+Lane&csz=Fort+Worth%2C+tx+76123&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

Words from our Minister of Arts and Sciences:

Everyone should have a partner to work with and anyone
that does not plan to make a form could come and cut
tape; besides you
can laugh alot. If you have any questions you can
email or call me at 817 737-5153.

The following is a list of materials needed.

Needed for Body Double or Dress Form

Stand and Support:

Pipe long enough to reach from the floor to your chin
(for not adjustable) pipe should be at least 1 ¼” ID.
If you want it to be adjustable, you will need two
pipes; one should be 1¼” ID and as long as from the
floor to your mid hip. The second one should fit over
the outside of the first one and be as long as from
your shoulder to your knees. Also a couple of cotter
keys.

You will also need some kind of stand that will grip
your bottom pipe. I plan to use a Christmas tree
stand. If you want to do this, you may need to
increase the diameter of the pipes accordingly to fit
the stand.

To support the shoulders and help attach the body to
the pipe, you will need 5 old fashion wire hangers
(like "Mommie Dearest" didn’t like).

Notes:
I am considering your possible use as costume display
in A & S competition; the idea of adjustable pipes, so
you could sit it on a table to display a doublet or
bodice. If you don’t think you will ever want to use
it that way, then I wouldn't make it adjustable.

When I said tree stand, I was thinking of the round,
weighted ones. An umbrella stand would work as well,
if it is weighted. Also any kind of banner stand.
After Christmas would be a good time to buy the tree
stand.

 Body Form

You will need a fairly tight fitting T-shirt, which
you don’t ever want to see again. I read that a size
10 used 1½ to 2 rolls of duct tape. Of course they
didn't say what size the rolls were. Based on that
info, I figure I will just start with a case of tape
for my form. Anyway, you can make your own guess at
what you will need and I plan to have some extra
available,  in case  it is needed.

Next you will need stuffing. It will probably take
more than you think because it will have to be packed
in tight for stability. After we finish the tape forms
and get them stuffed, you will probably want to cover
them with some kind of soft fabric. This can be done
at a later date.

Please remember to check the Shire's calendar for
upcoming events and activities.
http://www.lochruadh.org/calendar.htm