[Loch-Ruadh] Update to the Crew List and Ships News

Alric and Fiona sidhe01 at swbell.net
Thu Jan 19 17:09:44 PST 2006

My Lords and Ladies

Please welcome Lord Rolf Sewardson as Brute Squad Sergeant (on an actual naval vessel he would be called Master at Arms) - AKA BS Sergeant.

Please be advised that the Admiral will be asking the Crown for Authorization to create the Ansteorran Royal Marines to server with the fleet.  Although marines are not period, if the Crown allows It who am I to argue or disagree.  Kaz had wanted to be Major of Marines aboard the HMS Sea Drake.  If the Marines are authorized and If Rolf and Kaz are agreeable, one may become Major Of Marines and the Other the Second Officer.    Oh by the way  - Major of Marines is a courtesy promotion, as a there is only one CAPTAIN aboard, and that's me.

Please also welcome aboard My Lady Arianna and Corinne (I hope I spelled those right) Kaz and Antonia's daughter's as "Powder Monkeys"  (These used to be ships boys whose job it was to fetch powder bags from the Magazine  to the cannon during a sea battle)  Hence forward we will call them Ships Kid's instead of Ships Boys.)  Kaz wanted to make them Bilge Rats.

Here is copy of the Ansteorran Royal Navy's Ensign for your Information and awe.  If I can convince the Exec to make one, It will be flying wherever HMS Sea Drake is.

Here is my latest and greatest crew list

Officers
> Captain - Alric Morgannwgg
> 1st Officer  - Lady Fiona inghean O'meadhra
> 2nd Officer - My Lord Kazmirez the Sinister
> 3rd Officer - Lord Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain
   4th Officer - Lord Gruffydd Mawr ap Rodri  (also acts as ships intelligence officer)
>  Surgeon -  Bjorn inn Kvensami

Midshipmen:
1st  Midshipman
2nd Midshipman
3rd Midshipman
4th Midshipman>

Warrant officers
  Bosun - Eoghan of Dragon's Fire Tor
  Gunner  - Laird Sean of Argyll
  Carpenter - Lord Polydore Pike
  Sail Maker - Lady Grainne inghean Seadna
  Cook - Lady Elizabeth Hawkwood
  Purser - Lady Janie of Dragon's Fire Tor

Non commissioned ranks (sounds better than enlisted)

 Petty officers
    Bosun's Mate -
   Gunners Mate -
   Sail Makers Mate -