[Loch-Ruadh] armor for a girl

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Thu Jan 5 21:08:43 PST 2006

Ansteorran armor standards call for 12 oz (3/16 in) leather.  Makes it a bit
more difficult to work, but not too much so.

What are you planning to use as a form?  It will have to be reasonably rigid
to transfer the shape to the wet leather, otherwise you put down to press
the leather to the form will just flatten out both the leather and the form.

There are a number of folk in the Shire who have done some interesting and
fairly complicated leather armor work, so when you are ready to get started,
I'm sure we can muster up plenty of assistance.