[Loch-Ruadh] SCA in Space?

Sluggy! sluggy9912 at swbell.net
Tue Jul 11 20:17:54 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 14:52 -0500, Terry Varner wrote:
> That is what we need, a duct tape that won't be affected by the wide range of temperatures that we have here in Ansteorra.

Yikeazoodie! Kapton tape maintains excellent physical and electrical
properties over a temperature range of -452 to 500 degrees F. I suppose
it shatters at -453.

I found prices for it. A 2" x 36 yard roll of 1 mil thick tape is about
$36. A roll of 2 mil is $66. The 5 mil tape is the cool stuff,
apparently. It's about $250 a roll.

For reference, 1 mil is 1/1000th inch. Our WalMart kitchen trash bags
are .95 mils thick.

http://www.kaptontape.com/