[Loch-Ruadh] Pewter for Casting

Terry Sikes tdsikes at prodigy.net
Tue Jul 25 20:45:16 PDT 2006

Ok, I know I ordered some last year from Rio Grande.  It was a 5.5 lb. ingot with very little, almost no silver in it and it was $45.50 an ingot.  That was last year and the price from Rio Grande is probably a little higher now.

  Terrence

Kaz <kaz.od.wolin at gmail.com> wrote:
  No, it's from a guy in Rhode Island, Hallmark Metal, who does a lot of
business with the SCA groups up there. Rio Grande quoted me a price near $10
a pound with no silver content.

On 7/25/06, Terry Sikes wrote:

> Is that from Rio Grande?\
>
> Terrence
>
> Kaz wrote:
> I am likely making an order for pewter to do castings (buttons, pendants
> and
> such) this week. I have found a really good deal on a white metal which
> contains silver and is easy to work with. I can get it for $5.68 / pound,
> plus shipping. The metal comes in 7 pound bars. Each bar will cost approx
> $48.00, including shipping. I am willing to help you learn metal casting,
> not that I know all that much. If anyone would like to purchase a bar,
> please let me know ASAP so that we can save on shipping.
>
> Also, if you know of a better deal, please let me know. All of the other
> casting metal I could find was around $10.00 / pound, with a 25 pound
> minimum and had no silver content.
>
> --
> Kazimierz Z³o¶ciwy
> (Kaz the Sinister)