[Loch-Ruadh] Today in History June 2

Steve K. Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Fri Jun 2 00:40:15 PDT 2006

Births:
1491 Henry VIII King of England (1509-47)

Deaths:

Other Events:
455 Gaiseric & the Vandals sack Rome
553 The Second Council of Constantinople closed. Led by Eutychius, Patriarch
of Constantinople, the council condemned the Nestorian writings of Theodore
of Mopsuestia, Theodoret of Cyprus and Ibas of Edessa.
575 Benedict I begins his reign as Catholic Pope
597 Augustine, missionary to England and first archbishop of Canterbury,
baptized Saxon king Ethelbert. Afterward, the Christian faith spread rapidly
among the Angles and Saxons.
657 St Eugene I ends his reign as Catholic Pope