[Loch-Ruadh] Scarlet Letter Addendum

Kathy dkv250 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 2 13:21:05 PST 2006

Puhleeeease! You grovel like the most oily of courtiers. This makes one wonder how often you are able to avoid residence in the hound's kennel, by plying words with that wiley tongue.

  Let the flogging end ; )

  Your benevolent and forgiving Seneschal

Kaz <kaz.od.wolin at gmail.com> wrote:
    Do to a mistake and lost email on the behalf of the Deputy Chronicler (who has since been strung up by his nether regions), the following submissions by the Shire of Loch Ruadh Seneschal were omitted from the latest edition of the Scarlet Letter. Rest assured that never again will the aforementioned miscreant fail to included the Seneschal's words.

  Pray heed the words of Lady Catrin, Exhalted Seneschal of the Shire of Loch Ruadh, She who makes Deputy Chroniclers quake and wet themselves in fear,

    Greetings Loch Ruadhians,
  We're well on our way to Gulf War XV and gearing up for the tourney season. Many of us will camp at least once a month from March through November so it's time to inventory your equipment for repairs and or updates. Always keep in mind that many are willing to loan or share if need be, but be courteous enough to give them plenty of notice and return items in as good or better shape than when borrowed. We have some new comers who haven't camped with us much or at all, so be on the look-out for ways to assist them as they adjust and integrate.
  As the weather improves we will have more and more activities, keep a frequent check on-line for announcements and view the on-line calendar frequently. Many of our activities April through July will focus on Lughnasad preparation, lend a hand where you can and volunteer where your talents and skills will be most appreciated.
  We're a strong group and we need to continue to thrive and put forth our best efforts for Ansteorra and the Society at large. Support our Offices and activities with your presence and participation, and volunteer where needed at events.
  In Service
  Catrin, LR Seneschal

Populace Participation

  Do you know what it takes to run the Archery Marshal's Office? How much time it takes to organize an A&S activity? The details of Auto-cratting Lughnasad or how many volunteers it takes to pull it off? The preparation involved in teaching a class or giving a lecture? How long it takes to complete a quarterly Exchequer's report? What the heck a Seneschal does besides stand up at Populace and ask the Officer's to give reports? If not, you should.
  Populace interest and participation is the backbone of a growing healthy group in the SCA. If it's members fail to ask questions, offer support, and actively participate any group, in whatever configuration, will stagnate and wither. Vocal and Physical input is necessary to keep our group moving forward, to keep the honor and respect that Loch Ruadh has garnered over the years. Many have said that adversity kept us strong and focused, rather I believe that it was commitment and determination to succeed.
  Loch Ruadh needs your commitment, determination, participation, and support to continue to grow, achieve and succeed in the manner we are accustomed to. We are proud to be members of Loch Ruadh and should act accordingly, giving as much or more than we receive so that we as a group will prosper and shine with pride.
  Let's prove that "Loch Ruadh Rocks"!

Catrin
Thus ends the words of Lady Catrin. You are given leave to return to your matters, except for the Deputy Chronicler. He is to return to the flogging pole.

--
Kazimierz Zlowieszczy
(Kaz the Sinister)