No subject

Sun May 28 13:47:36 PDT 2006

Hwy (Hwy 80) West to South Bowie and go South on South Bowie. Will be
about 1 block on your left.

What to bring?: In garb (of course) anything that you think would
Portray the SCA/Middle Ages. Bardic, A&S displays (including active ones
such as weaving etc). Bring chairs and coolers (drinks/food), since this
is
School grounds you cannot have open flames (i.e grills, fire pits or
even tiki torchs). There will be a snack bar on site for food items with
all their proceeds going to the American Cancer Society (this is a fund
raiser for ACS after all). Since this is on school grounds smoking has
been requested to be limited to your personal vehicles only, and of
course this is a dry demo. So far I have a few tell me they are bringing
A&S displays and of course we will be having a grand bardic from what I
am hearing!

I will be at the site by 4pm Friday to start setting up the area. The
newspapers and TV stations will be in/out (starting about 5pm for set up
shots/interviews) all night as well as into Saturday AM (last year the
local TV stations came out at starting ceremonies and closing ceremonies
and the paper had folks there for the entire thing). If we get half the
media coverage they say this relay will have this could get Loch Ruadh
some excellent media coverage as well as be a excellent recruiting venue
just in by-standers walking around alone. Weatherford has traditionally
had a large community turn out for this relay in years past.

---