[Loch-Ruadh] Today in History May 13

Steve K. Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Sat May 13 23:15:05 PDT 2006

Born:
1314 Sergius of Radonesh Russian saint
1592 John Cloppenburg vicar/theologist

Deaths:
0384 Servatius/Aravatius bishop of Tongeren, dies at 65+
1381 John of Chatillon Governor/Viceroy of Holland, dies
1390 Robert II the Steward King of Scotland (1371-90), dies

Other Events:
0535 St Agapitus I begins his reign as Catholic Pope
0609 Pope Boniface I turns Pantheon into Catholic church
0641 Eligius (Saint Eloy) becomes bishop of Doornik-Noyon
1106 Henry I of Limburg becomes duke of Netherlands-Lutherans
1110 Crusaders march into Beirut causing a bloodbath
1364 Peter Coutherel banished from Leuven
1497 Pope Alexander VI excommunicates Girolamo Savonarola
1559 Excavated corpse of heretic David Jorisz burned in Basel
1568 Mary Queen of Scots is defeated by English at battle of Langside
1588 King Henri III flees Paris