[Loch-Ruadh] sewing machine recommendation

Gabrielle de Luxton gabydlux at swbell.net
Mon Nov 6 13:43:08 PST 2006

Being that I am the owner of 14 sewing machines my most important input here is do not by a sewing machine from Wal-Mart. While they will take anything back, for electronic equipment the return policy is very limited. I believe it may only be 60 days, after that they will refer you to the manufacturers warranty. Many of the local sewing machine repair shops will not work on machines from Wal-Mart (they can tell by the serial numbers where it came from). It sounds like your friend has a generous amount of money to spend on a machine. I highly recommend Fort Worth Sewing Center on Granbury Road in Fort Worth. I personally like Brother or Baby Lock Machines, I recently purchased an extremely nice machine from Fort Worth Sewing Center, a Janome that i use for quilting. It has automatic buttonholes, many decorative stitches, and is capable of sewing many layers. I use it on my quilting frame to do quilts. It was about 600.00 dollars. If he really wants a heavy duty machine,
 visit Bogle Greenwall in Grand Prairie. You can purchase used, fully serviced commercial unit (wont do buttonholes) for 400.00 to 800.00 dollars.  I used to like Singer machines myself, but they have gone to plastic gears and are no longer the machine they used to be.

  Gabby the opinionated lurker.