[Loch-Ruadh] Today in History Oct 29

Steve Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Sat Oct 28 21:11:09 PDT 2006

Births:
1017 - Henry III, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1056)

Deaths:
1038 - Aethelnoth, Archbishop of Canterbury
1138 - Boleslaw III Krzywousty, Duke of Poland (b. 1086)
1268 - Conradin, Duke of Swabia (executed) (b. 1252)
1268 - Frederick I, Margrave of Baden (beheaded) (b. 1249)
1590 - Dirck Volckertszoon Coornhert, Dutch politician (b. 1522)

Other Events:
437 - Valentinian III, Western Roman Emperor, marries Licinia Eudoxia,
daughter of his cousin Theodosius II, Eastern Roman Emperor in
Constantinople. This unifies the two branches of the House of Theodosius
969 - Byzantine troops occupy Antioch Syria
1061 - Emperor disposes of Bishop Cadalus & Pope Honorius II
1268 - Conradin, the last legitimate male heir of the Hohenstaufen dynasty
of Kings of Germany and Holy Roman Emperors, is executed along with his
companion Frederick I, Margrave of Baden by Charles I of Sicily, a political
rival and ally to the hostile Catholic church.
1422 - Charles VII of France becomes king in succession to his father
Charles VI of France
1467 - Battle of Brusthem: Charles the Bold defeats Liege