[Loch-Ruadh] drumming

Sluggy! sluggy9912 at swbell.net
Mon Sep 11 16:08:51 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 17:34 -0500, Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin wrote:
> I would point out that our own Robartach O'Sluaghain (Sluggy) is quite an
> accomplished drummer.

I do not wish to disagree with my close (and dangerous) friend and
brother Padraig, yet I'm not sure that *accomplished* is entirely
accurate. I have, however, dabbled in the art to reasonably good effect.
At least dancers have stopped running away screaming when I choose to
inflict upon them some new noise that I figured out how to make with one
of my drums... :)

>   Perhaps he could be persuaded to impart a bit of
> his knowledge?

dum dum teca tec - dum teca tec teca

repeat if necessary

:)

I would be tickled to throw together a (very) basic drumming class. If
you can count to 4, maybe 8, you too can inflict eardrum damage upon the
willing. Drumming is almost always much more fun in a group because if
you booboo and freeze up (and that *will* probably happen), the other
drummers keep the sound going and it's much easier to rejoin than
restart. :)

This definitely sounds like an A&S related thingy. Bice?

Sluggy!