[Loch-Ruadh] Speaking Forsoothly - Daily Lesson 13

Klfrench1023 at aol.com Klfrench1023 at aol.com
Sun Sep 17 00:37:06 PDT 2006

I'm sure that there were as many names for it then as there are now.   People
haven't really changed that much, and we're all still basically  entertained
by the same things.  If you've ever read Chaucer translated  directly, it's
full of bawdy stories.  Some of them made me laugh so hard I  thought I would
pee my pants!  If they'd given us some of those in High  School to read instead
of 'Chanticleer the Rooster', I'm sure that my entire  senior class would've
shown a whole new outlook toward and devotion to the study  of medieval English
literature.

Caterina