[Loch-Ruadh] Chantel out of hospital

Kathy dkv250 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 28 07:43:58 PDT 2006

Yay! So glad she's home and feeling better.

  Catrin

Terry Sikes <tdsikes at prodigy.net> wrote:
  Chantel got out of the hospital yesterday evening and is now home. She is resting as well as she can, even though she can't stay in one position for more than about 15 minutes. She still has a minor amount of numbness in her leg, but that is slowly going away and can move her leg more than twice as far as she could yesterday morning. She is using a walker to get around.

Thank you to everyone who prayed and sent well wishes! I am hoping the fusions will knit well and this will eliminate, or mostly reduce her back pain.

Thanks again to everyone.

Terrence

Terry Sikes wrote:
Tried posting this yesterday, but my e-mail wasn't working.

Chantel had some more surgery done Monday and they took out one of the rods and replaced it with a smaller rod and replaced 1 screw because they thought it might have been pressing on the nerve that runs to her right leg. She felt a great deal better almost right away. Today she has almost all the feeling back in her right leg, with only a spot or two that is numb and the Dr. tells her that as the swelling goes down in the incision area that should also return to normal. She can also move the right leg a lot farther than she could yesterday and she can walk more normally now.

Tonight when I went by to visit her she was doing a lot better and was all smiles and feeling better. She said she was also finally able to get a good sleep last night. We are hoping she might be released to come home late tomorrow or Thursday.

Terrence

Julie Self wrote:
Give her our best wishes and tell her that our thoughts and prayers are with
her.

Gwen
Loch Ruadh Rocks!!