[Loch-Ruadh] Brewing Class

Kathy dkv250 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 12 16:01:11 PDT 2007

Sounds good to me. Would you like this added to the calendar?

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain <padraig_ruad at irishbard.org> wrote:
  Now that the future has become much less uncertain, I want to set up a
brewing class, as many people have expressed an interest in learning how to
make beer.

How does Saturday, April 21st look for everyone?

I propose that we meet at (or carpool to) The Winemaker Shop
(http://www.winemakershop.com/), 3006 SE Loop 820, in the morning so that
everyone can get an idea of the supplies and ingrediants available, and I'll
also pick up the ingrediants necessary for the class.

The actual preparation and brewing process will take about 4 hours. We will
not be doing actual bottling, as fermentation takes 7-10 days, but I will
demonstrate the technique. I'll have handouts ready that will list the
basic equipment needed (plus nice-to-have but not essential), a couple of
recipes, and a step-by-step list of how to brew.

If the 21st isn't good, give me some ideas for a day and we'll work
something out.